In July 2013, there was an increase of unemployment rate, up to 8.04% in Olt county, Romania. Due to the lack of jobs, people are forced to go in industrialized towns within a radius of 150 km or many of them in other countries to work and provide for their family. However, in many families is not even a member who have a stable job or even seasonally. In these conditions, people of working age are unable to provide a decent living for their family.
“A FISHING ROD, NOT A FISH” project aims to provide, encourage and teach people able to work and willing to learn, various methods of self-support.
We intend to provide support and resources for people to start and develop their own mini businesses. “The ROD” can be: seeds and plants for gardening, greenhouse, chickens, goats, cows, beehives, etc… Such resources can give families the opportunity to provide food for them, or financial income from selling the products. This project also gives them the satisfaction of being useful and able to accomplish and provide their own income.
For the Project continuity, beneficiaries are encouraged to return within a few years what they initially received. In this way other families or individuals can have the opportunity to benefit from this project.
Criteria for selection:
– Families and individuals in need
– Jobless able to work
– People desiring to learn and work together to develop a mini business
– Having conditions needed to develop this project (agricultural land, space in their backyard, etc.)
If you have the possibility and the desire to help you can get involved by:
– Providing financial resources to purchase what is necessary to start a mini business;
– Offering a ” Fishing ROD”: e.g. cow, goat, beehives, chickens, seeds and plants for gardening, etc.
– Promoting the project in your church, organization.